Season's Greetings Party People!
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we couldn't be more excited! I think some of the best thanksgiving recipes are the ones passed down many generations from my great grandmother to me. The messy writing on scratch paper and torn out pages of cookbooks bring back the best memories of walking into the kitchen on thanksgiving morning and smelling all of the yummy dishes.
In honor of the thanksgiving season in full swing I wanted to share with you,
Great Grandma's Pumpkin Cake
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Cups of Flour
- 2 Tsp of Baking Soda
- 2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. of Baking Powder
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 1 Cup of Oil
- 1 Can of 303 Pure Pumpkin
- 1 Stick of Butter
- 3 OZ of Cream Cheese
- 3 Cups of Powdered Sugar
- 1 Tsp. of Vanilla
- Preheat Oven for 350 degrees and grease baking pan.
- Combine eggs, sugar and oil into a bowl.
- Add in all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add in can of 303 pure pumpkin.
- Pour mixture into banking pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients.
- Take cake out of oven and let cool, cover with foil.
- Ice cake
Enjoy! As my great grandma has said, this cake gets better and better everyday!
Also don't forget to check out our Thanksgiving Dinner Box which includes everything you need to make your holiday extra special. Madison's Postess guide also gives you activity ideas, styling tips and some yummy recipes to serve alongside your family favorites!
Postess Coordinator™ | Columbia, SC